The major festivals celebrated in Haldwani are –
- Navratri & Dussehra – A 10-day festival, where goddess Durga is worshipped, and lots of celebrations are carried out with merriment, prayers, traditional food, dances and songs.
- Holi – Festival of colours, celebrated in March.
- Harela – Translating to “day of green”, where the city’s greenery is celebrated and people pray for prosperity, as the greenery is believed to bring luck.
- Diwali – Festival of lights, celebrated in October-November.
- Makar Sankranti – A harvest festival, where cows are worshipped in various regions.
- Basant Panchami – A festival marking the onset of spring season.