Following are some interesting and popular museums to check out in Patna:
- Patna Museum – Established in 1917 by British East India Company. Includes many ancient artefacts related to Patna city, and few other interesting relics such as those of Gautam Buddha’s ashes.
- Jalan Museum – An art museum; this is actually a house which was owned by a family called Jalans (family name), and houses a private collection by RK Jalan, a prominent businessman in the city who enjoyed collecting art pieces from all over the country. This building is also known as the Quila House.
- Folk Art Museum – A museum established in 1963, that displays Patna’s famous Folk Art which includes age-old artefacts like folk instruments, jewellery, terracotta and ceramic objects.
- Patna Planetarium– An astronomic planetarium situated at Indira Gandhi Science Complex in Patna; this is said to be one of the oldest and largest planetariums of Asia.
- Sri Krishna Science – A gallery/museum which was founded in 1978 and has a gallery display showcasing some creative exhibits related tothe concepts of physics, maths and evolution.