Yamunanagar is a small city/town in the north Indian state of Haryana. It is known for its plywood and paper industries, and is a huge supplier of timber to larger industries in northern India.
Some attractions of this little city to see are as listed:
- Kalesar National Park & Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Panchmukhi Hanuman Mandir – A temple dedicated to Hanuman, the monkey Lord and God of strength.
- Chaneti Buddhist Stupa – A Buddhist spiritual center.
- Dayalu Ji Temple – Another popular Hindu temple in the area.
Some major festivals celebrated in Yamunanagar include the following:
- Holi – festival of colours celebrated all over India, especially Northern and North western India.
- Lohri – A winter folk festival in the states of Haryana and Punjab; celebrated in the month of January.
- Janmashtami – Birth anniversary of Lord Krishna; celebrated in the month of August.
- Basant Panchmi – A spring festival; a celebration that marks the arrival of spring (during this time Punjab’s mustard fields are usually flourishing with their yellow crop).
- Ramzan – A festival of Muslims (where people observe a month long intermittent fast).
- Diwali – The festival of lights; celebrated all over India in October-November.
Yamunanagar has many markets where people can shop for clothes, electronics, and products of plywood, timber etc. Some good shopping spots in Yamunanagar are:
- Indira Market
- HBC Market
- Devi Bhawan Bazaar
- Amar Market
- Barnala Shopping Mall
- ABC Mall
- Kumar Mall
- The Computers Mall
- NG Mall
Some good restaurants and eateries to dine at in Yamunanagar are:
- Sneham Food Plaza
- Sagar Ratna
- Hotel GM Continental Restaurant
- Sunder Lal Puri Wale
- Multani Fast Food
- Grill Masters
- Urban Baithak
- Nathu Sweets
Yamunanagar has some good hotels for a comfortable stay, such as:
- The Oscar Regency
- Orchid Square Hotel
- Kaveri Hotel & Restaurant
- Hotel Sapphire
- Hotel Comfort
- The Madhu
- Jyoti Hotel
- Hotel GM Continental
Yamunanagar STD Code – 01732 (to be used before dialling numbers from a number that is not locally registered).
Common emergency numbers:
- Police – 100
- Fire – 101
- Children helpline – 1098
- Women Helpline – 1091
- Ambulance – 102
- Disaster helpline – 108
- Road accident emergencies – 1073
Hindi is the official language of Yamunanagar. But, languages like English and Punjabi are spoken as well.
- Welcome - Svagat
- How are you? - Aap kaise hai?
- What's your name? - Aapka naam kya hai?
- I don't know - Mujhe nahi pata
- I don't understand - Mein samjha nahi
- Thank you - Dhanyavad
- Hello - Sat sri akaal
- How are you? - Tussi kiwen ho?
- I am fine - Main theek haan
- What is your name? - Tuhada naan ki hai?
- My name is - Mera naan haga
- Where are you from? - Tusi kithe dey ho?