Some major festivals celebrated in Yamunanagar include the following:
- Holi – festival of colours celebrated all over India, especially Northern and North western India.
- Lohri – A winter folk festival in the states of Haryana and Punjab; celebrated in the month of January.
- Janmashtami – Birth anniversary of Lord Krishna; celebrated in the month of August.
- Basant Panchmi – A spring festival; a celebration that marks the arrival of spring (during this time Punjab’s mustard fields are usually flourishing with their yellow crop).
- Ramzan – A festival of Muslims (where people observe a month long intermittent fast).
- Diwali – The festival of lights; celebrated all over India in October-November.