Gurugram, formerly known as Gurgaon, is a city in the Indian state of Haryana. The city is India's second largest information technology hub and serves as the headquarters of many India's largest companies.
Gurugram is home to thousands of startup companies and has offices for more than 250 Fortune 500 companies.
The city is the 8th largest in terms of total wealth in India.
When we think of Gurugram, the very first thing that comes to mind is that of a business hub, Pubs and bars, great malls, trendy restaurants but that's not all. There are a few historical places in Gurugram that are worth a visit. Some of them are-
- Farrukhnagar Fort (The fort has ahuge octagonal structure that displays elements of the Mughal style of architecture, built in 1732)
- Jama Masjid (Built by using red sandstone and features domes and minaret)
- Sheesh Mahal (The palace houses a memorial built for the martyrs from Farrukhnagar)
- Sethani Ki Chhatri (Decorated with frescos and inscriptions)
Gurugram is not just about IT or financial hub but there are a couple of enthralling activities to do. Listed below are some of the best things to do in Gurugram to ensure a happening experience-
- Kingdom Of Dreams - Watch Zangoora
- Cyber Hub - Take A Ride & Explore
- Oysters Beach Water Park - Try The Water Rides
- Iskate - Try Ice Skating
- Bowling - Have Some Fun At The Alleys
- MGF Mall - Shop Till You Drop
Gurugram Metro is a light rapid transit system that connects the commercial areas of Gurgaon and acts as a feeder link to the Delhi Metro. The system has a total length of 11.7 kilometres serving 11 stations and is fully elevated. Gurugram Metro is the world's first fully privately financed metro system that does not have any investment from the Union Government.
While travelling to Gurugram, be sure to visit these below mentioned museums-
- Museo Vintage Camera Museum - Home to over 1000 cameras.
- Heritage Transport Museum
- Sanskriti Museum
- Museum of Indian Terracotta
- Museum of Everyday Art
- Sanskriti Museum of Indian Textile
Gurugram, formerly known as Gurgaon, is more than just high rise buildings and offices, it is also a beautiful place for shopping. Some of the best spots and malls where one can indulge in shopping are-
- Arjun Marg Market
- Galleria Market
- Sadar Bazaar
- Qutub Plaza
- Sector 14 Market
- Ambience Mall - Known for high-end brands
- MGF Metropolitan Mall
- Star Mall
- DLF Mega Mall
- DLF Grand Mall
- DLF City Centre Mall
Hindi is the most spoken language in Gurugram but English is also spoken as well.
- Welcome - svagat
- How are you? - Aap kaise hai?
- What's your name? - Aapka naam kya hai?
- I don't know - Mujhe nahi pata
- I don't understand - Mein samjha nahi
- Thank you - Dhanyavad
When you are in Gurugram, it is very easy to find out restaurants as the place has plenty of good restuarants where one can go for dine in. Some of them are-
- Prego Restaurant - Famous for Roast Lamb Rack, Lasagne, Penne Pasta, Tiramisu.
- 21 Gun Salute Restaurant - Famous for Shaam e Roganjosh, Murgh Kalimirch, Tomato Shorba, Chilli Chicken, Korma, Garlic Kheer, Kulfi
- Mamagoto Restaurant - Known for Pad Thai Noodle, Wasabi Mary, Coconut Ice Cream and many more.
- Gung the Palace Restaurant - Known for Spicy Squid, Bulgogi, Kimchi, Potato Pancake, Bibimbap, Sake.
- Jungle Jamboree Restaurant - Famous for Spicy Chicken Dimsums, Malai Chicken Tikka etc.
- Cervesia Restaurant - Known for Tandoori Chicken Pops, Kasundi Mahi Tikka, Chocolate Sizzler Brownie etc.
Gurugram has many hotels which are loved by travellers for its hospitality and top-notch services.
Some of them are-
- Hotel Atara - From INR 5000 Onwards
- DoubleTree by Hilton - From INR 3000 Onwards
- Crowne Plaza From INR 3000 Onwards
- Hyatt Regency - From INR 3000 Onwards
- The Leela Ambience - From INR 7000 Onwards
- Taj City Centre - From INR 4000 Onwards
With rapid urbanisation over the recent years, Gurugram's nightlife has evolved with restaurants, bars, clubs and lounges to make your nights into an unforgettable fun affair.
Some of the Pubs and bars include-
- Soi 7 Pub & Brewery - Known for chilled in-house beers, Thai Stir Fried Prawns, Lamb Briskets, Vietnamese Lotus and many more
- Brew Buddy - Famous for Austrian Chocolate Cake, Veg Mezze Platter, Mutton Galauti, Paneer Makhani Pizza, alcohol etc.
- The Whisky Bar - Known for a collection of 111 whiskeys
- 7 Degrees Brauhaus - Famous for appealing ambience, Classic Sangria, Hot Mezze Platter etc.
- Cocktails & Dreams Speakeasy - Famous for hosting exciting events such as monthly quizzing sessions
- Fire and Rescue – 101
- Child Helpline – 1098
- Women Helpline – 1091
- Ambulance Help Line – 108
- Police Control Room – 100
- Helpdesk Toll Free No. – 18001802128