Murthal is a quaint little village in the Sonipat district in the state of Haryana. Murthal is 6km to the north of Sonipat, 45km from Delhi, and 202km from Haryanaâ€™s capital Chandigarh. The village is known for its parathas and travelers often stop here to take some break and relax. It has become notable for its highway dhabas and its local food delicacies which mainly consists of parathas, lassi, and buttermilk. Most of the residents of this village are Jats, mainly those from Antal clan.
Murthal is in National Highway 1 connecting Delhi and Amritsar and has become a go-to destination among travelers. The dhabas here were established by a few people to serve as an eating junction for the truck drivers, but they soon gained popularity and are always filled with visitors especially the youth. The place has now over 50 dhabas and restaurants which are famous for their unique taste and different types of parathas. It is a great place to enjoy some piping hot parathas along with some lassi with your friends and family while a drive down the highway.
Best Dhabas/Restaurants in Murthal
- Amrik Sukhdev Dhaba â€“ Founded in 1956 by Sardar Parkash Singh, this Dhaba is one of the oldest and trusted and is named after his sons Amri and Sukhdev who now run the dhaba. It is a hit among the travelers for a variety of parathas and other local cuisines.
- Haveli â€“ The theme and dÃ©cor of this place depict royalty and the era of Maharajas in Punjab. Founded in Jalandhar, Haveli gained popularity over the years and made its way to Murthal as well. The delectable food, ambiance, hospitality, and service will surely make you feel like a royalty here.
- Gulshan Dhaba â€“ Set up in the 1950s, this is another one of the oldest dhabas in Murthal village and is very famous among travelers. Outdoor seating is available here and several gift and sweet shops surround the dhaba, making it a complete package.
- Mannat Haveli â€“ Depicting the Indian heritage, you will be greeted by a warrior with a sword and a shield with elements such as weapons, cannons, and the magnificent architecture which reminds you of the luxurious lifestyle of the royals. The dhaba cum restaurant is also famous as it keeps the Indian heritage alive by offering Rajasthani folk dance, puppet show, Tanga, and camel ride.
- Pahalwan Dhaba â€“ Known for its pure and high quality food, hospitality, and polite staff, Pahalwandhaba serves buttery parathas along with delectable gravies to satisfy your core.
- Jhilmil Dhaba â€“ Treat your palate with a delicious meal at this full-service restaurant. Through their extensive menu you will find something to suit every palate and the staff will make sure you are properly taken care off.
Places to Visit Near Murthal
- Fun N Food Village, Gurgaon â€“ A thrilling water park with the biggest collection of water themed slides in India. Elements such as lazy river, wave pool, tornado equa shoot, family slide, twister, multiline slide, and speed coaster are things that make this place a must-visit for everyone.
- Qutub Khanâ€™s Tomb â€“ Built in the memory of Adam Khan in the 18th century who was a general to emperor Akbar, the tomb is made in an octagonal structure and illustrates Mughal architectural style. It is a nice place to spend some quite time gazing the setting sun with your loved one.
- Cyber Hub â€“ Gurugramâ€™s food cum entertainment destination, Cyber Hub is also close to Delhi and Murthal and has pubs, restaurants, boutiques, theatres, and many other things for all kinds of visitors.
- Aravalli Biodiversity Park â€“ Sprawling over 1.54 sq. km, the biodiversity park was established to restore and protect the vegetation on the desert and arid areas of land in the region. Founded in 2010, the park has over 160 plant species and over 170 species of animals and birds.
- Amoeba â€“ Located inside MGF Mall in Gurgaon, Amoeba has an arena loaded with digital and non-digital games including air-hockey, bowling, etc.
Hotels in Murthal
- Hotel SK Park Blu (From INR2320)
- Hotel Home In by Amrik Sukhdev (From INR3396)
- Shree Jee Vilas (From INR5235)
- Park Regency Hotel and Resort (From INR3439)
- Leela Grand Sonipat (From INR4230)
- Park Plaza Green Resort (From INR4700)
- Cozette Hotel (From INR2505)
Best Time to Visit Murthal
You can visit Murthal all year round and at any given time. However, evenings are ideal the place during the summers while winters are a greattime to visit Murthal, especially early in the morning to have some paratha with a hot cup of chai.
How to Reach Murthal
- By Air: Nearest airport is Indira Gandhi International airport in Delhi from where you can catch a cab or a bus to Murthal.
- By Train: Nearest railway station is in Delhi, Panipat, and Sonipat.
- By Road: Murthal is connected to Delhi by NH1 and is just 50km away from Delhi and Panipat and 6km from Sonipat. It is well-connected by Haryana roadways.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
Where is Murthal located?
Murthal is a village in the Sonipat district of the Indian state of Haryana and is nestled on NH1.
What is special in Murthal?
Murthal is a small village and is known for its parathas and dhabas where travelers enroute Delhi, Haryana or Punjab make a stop to relax and enjoy fresh food.
Is Murthal worth visiting?
Murthal is worth visiting for its variety of delicious parathas and thick lassi.
Is Murthal open at night?
Yes, Murthal is open 24hours and you can visit the place whenever you crave delectable meal.