Luxury Hotels and Resorts in India
India, a land of diverse cultures, ancient heritage, and breathtaking landscapes, has become a sought-after destination for luxury travel in recent years.As India's economy continues to grow and more travelers visit the country each year, the demand for luxury accommodations has also been on the rise. From opulent city hotels to elegant beach resorts and serene mountain retreats, India offers a wide range of options for those seeking the ultimate in luxury and comfort.
From the bustling metropolis of Mumbai to the serene backwaters of Kerala, India is home to some of the world's most luxurious hotels and resorts. Each of these properties offers a unique blend of traditional hospitality, modern amenities, and cultural experiences that cater to the discerning traveler.Whether you're looking to relax and unwind in style or explore the natural beauty and cultural heritage of the country, India's luxury hotels and resorts have something to offer every traveler. So, sit back, and get ready to discover some of the most breathtaking and indulgent accommodations in the country.
Top Luxury Resorts and Hotels in India
- Kumarakom Lake Resort, Kerala
At the Kumarakom Lake Resort in Kerala, where Prince Charles decided to commemorate his 65th birthday, luxury is ingrained. It provides opulent lodgings in suites and villas that border a 250-meter-long (820-foot) pool that resembles a river. Or you could reserve a houseboat and float along the bird filled Vembanad Lake. The cuisine is also amazing; visit Ettukettu Restaurant for seafood-focused Keralan delicacies like the tempting karimeenpollichathu (fish in banana leaves).
- Price: INR 21,000 onwards.
- Major facilities: Infinity pool, conference hall, fitness centre, travel desk, activities pottery, outdoor lake activities, concierge, restaurant cum bar, cultural evenings.
- The Oberoi Amarvilas, Agra
The Oberoi Amarvilas makes it simple to rekindle romance because it is located fewer than600 meters from the Taj Mahal, the world's most stunning testament to unending love. The hotel/resort, one of the élites in India, is enveloped by nine acres of exquisitely planned gardens, with terraced lawns, fountains, minarets, pavilions, and reflection pools. Each of the resort's 102 tastefully furnished rooms and suites boasts an unobstructed view of the Taj Mahal and is matched by Oberoi's welcoming, attentive service. This magnificent five-story building has many rooms with individual terraces. The fine dining restaurantshere offer real Mughlai food and cuisines from across the world.
- Price: INR 32,000 onwards.
- Major facilities: Yoga lounge, buttler services, kids play area, swimming pool, restaurant cum bar, business centre, spa, safe, conference room, parking.
- Evolve Back, Coorg
This 300-acre resort in Coorg with pool is surrounded by the smells of coffee and spices and offers five various lodging options, some of which have private pools. The resort also features an infinity pool, an Ayurvedic massage, and a variety of activities like plantation hikes and bird watching. There are seven distinct dining options, including some that are private for you to have quality time with your loved ones or special one.
- Price: INR 43,000 onwards.
- Major facilities: Spa and Ayurveda therapies, outdoor activities, multi-cuisine restaurant, café, bar, free parking, swimming pool, kids play area, gym, wake-up call, steam and sauna, massage.
- Oberoi Vanyavillas Wildlife Resort, Ranthambore, Rajasthan
Want to see a Bengal tiger in its natural habitat? If so, you should travel to Oberoi Vanyavilas Wildlife Resort. Stay in fully furnished triple-canopy tents in Ranthambore National Park close to the tiger reserve (complete with king-sized beds and private butler service). A central swimming pool, lovely after-dark lighting, lily ponds, and Mughal architecture all draw the eye. But you came to see the tigers. Before going out to witness these threatened carnivores in person, make reservations for jungle excursions with the Rajasthan Forest Department.
- Price: INR 51,000 onwards.
- Major facilities: Pool, babysitting, spa and massage, restaurant, gym, bar, business services, housekeeping, arcade/games room, wildlife viewing, steam room, yoga classes, meeting room.
- Wildflower Hall, Shimla
Wildflower Hall is the go-to place for luxury at altitude in Himachal Pradesh's mountains. This colonial-style resort, which is surrounded by the towering, snow-capped Himalayas, offers large suites in addition to alpine-view rooms with teak furnishings and Victorian-inspired decor. Dine al fresco when the weather allows beneath a high gazebo with a view of the Himalayas. When the weather turns chilly, skate on a tennis court that has been turned into a rink, then curl up next to a fire in the hotel bar or private dining room.
- Price: INR 27,000 onwards
- Major facilities: Spa and wellness centre, tennis court, pool, restaurant and bar, gym, business services, hot tub, ballroom, library, hair salon, concierge, picnic area, wheelchair accessibility.
- Anantya Resorts, Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu
Anantya Resort is situated beside the lake in Kaliel village in Kanyakumari, surrounded by rich vegetation. Beautifully decorated lakefront villas with exquisite décor are available at The Anantya as places to escape and unwind. There are many dining options available at the resort, including Indian and international menus. A variety of activities, including a coracle ride, plantation walk, BBQ and campfire, bird watching, elephant interactions, hiking, and more, are available for guests to enjoy. At the sprawling 'Astitva' Spa & Wellness centre, which offers authentic Ayurvedic treatments, you can align your mind, body, and spirit to achieve holistic wellness.
- Price: INR 10,000 onwards
- Major facilities: Pool, soundproof rooms, spa and wellness, pet-friendly, restaurant, bar, buffet breakfast, children’s pool, games room, business centre, outdoor entertainment area.
- Taj Green Cove Resort and Spa, Kovalam, Kerala
At this hilltop 5-star resort overlooking azure lagoons and the Arabian Sea, celebrate the beauty of Kovalam's historic hinterlands. In the midst of 10 acres of stone sculpture gardens, Taj Green Cove offers Balinese-style villas, cottages, and suites with traditional decor, French windows, and furnished balconies. Visit their multi-cuisine restaurant, snack café, hip bar and cooking lessons to indulge in zesty culinary delights. Additionally, there is a gym, naturopathy spa, and infinity pool.
- Price: INR 21,000 onwards
- Major facilities: Pool, soundproof rooms, gym, bar, restaurant, pet-friendly, hot tub, wheelchair accessible, aerobics classes, billiards/pool table, children’s pool, steam room, library, hair salon.
- JW Marriott Mussoorie Walnut Groove Resort and Spa, Uttarakhand
This resort provides a getaway from the routine of everyday life and has established a reputation in the hotel industry. The Garhwal region of the Himalayas is home to this five-star hotel, which is surrounded by the rich vegetation of the mountains. The hotel has 5 dining options that serve delectable meals and 115 tastefully decorated rooms with views of the valley. In addition to boasting features like a fitness facility and spa, this resort takes pride in being a chic location for an ideal wedding.
- Price: INR 50,000 onwards.
- Major facilities: Pool, spa and massage therapies, gym, bar, game room, kids pool, restaurants, aerobic classes, billiards table, private picnics, sauna, bowling alley, kids pool, ballroom, meeting room, BBQ grill, hot tub.
- The Lodhi, New Delhi
This sleek, contemporary city resort, which bears the moniker "Lutyens' Delhi" in honor of Sir Edwin Lutyens, an important figure in the creation of New Delhi, provides sunlight basic rooms as well as garden terrace rooms with views of the area. A veranda pool suite with a separate plunge pool or the enormous two-story Sultan Suite are further options. You won't go hungry thanks to the abundance of cafes, bakeries, bars, and restaurants serving both continental and Indian cuisine. To work off those heavy meals, hit the squash or tennis courts or book a hot stone or deep tissue massage at the spa.
- Price: INR 19,000 onwards.
- Major facilities: Tennis court, babysitting, pool, spa and wellness, gym, restaurants, bar/lounge, business services, sauna, steam room, concierge, library, hair salon, tennis lessons, wheelchair accessible.
- Taj Faluknama Palace, Hyderabad
Taj Falaknuma Palace, one of India's most opulent lodging options, is the epitome of 19th-century opulence. It was once the home of the Nizam of Hyderabad, who at the time was the richest man in the world; it dates to 1894. A horse-drawn carriage will take you to the resort, where you may then peruse the ornately furnished interior. Reserving the Nizam suite will provide you with access to the Jiva spa's private pool.
- Price: INR 30,000 onwards.
- Major facilities: 60 rooms, 2 restaurants, tea lounge, a bar, swimming pool, full-service spa, gym, library, private museum, billiards room.
- ITC Grand Goa, Goa
ITC Grand Goa is one of the best beach hotels in India. Set up just off Arossim Beach, it comprises cobblestone paths, artificial inlets, swimming pools, small bridges, and plenty of vacation charm. Choose a modest (yet still lavish) garden-view room with a private balcony, or maybe go for the sea-view suite with a private lap pool and lounge deck for a luxurious experience. With six dining settings serving a globe-leaping menu, plus an Ayurvedic wellness spa, your gut, skin, and mind are well taken care of here.
- Price: INR 21,150 onwards.
- Major facilities: 252 rooms, 6 restaurants, bar, gym, full-service spa, children’s play area, golf course, business centre.
- Rambagh Palace, Rajasthan
Rambagh Palace, which was once the Maharaja of Jaipur's palace, offers a genuine royal experience amidst the splendour of a bygone period. It was built in 1835 and contains lavish guest rooms, marble colonnades, and beautiful gardens. Attend a polo match at the nearby Rambagh polo grounds, visit the Amber Palace in a vintage automobile, or sign up for the Baradari Experience, which includes a private dinner and live music, your time spent here is going to be one of the memories you will cherish.
- Price: INR 35,700 onwards.
- Major facilities: 78 rooms, 4 restaurants, bar, swimming pool, full-service spa, gym, tennis court, croquet lawn, polo ground, private museum.
- Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai
Mumbai's fabled Taj Mahal Palace is a seafront gem. This magnificent India hotel, which is more than a century old, is famed for its magnificence and views of the Arabian Sea and the Gateway of India structure. Each opulent hotel and suite features four-poster beds, luxurious bedding, and chandeliers that evoke colonial architecture. On-site dining options include eight restaurants serving anything from Japanese to eastern Mediterranean fare. For a truly regal experience, reserve afternoon tea in the Sea Lounge.
- Price: INR 25,000 onwards.
- Major facilities: 560 rooms, 10 restaurants, bar, swimming pool, full-service spa, gym, salon, shopping arcade, business centre, ballroom, babysitting services.
- Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur
One of India's largest private hotel houses, Umaid Bhawan Palace was constructed by Maharaja Umaid Singhji as a representation of the "new" Jodhpur. The 64-room Indo-art deco gem today offers its visitors exclusive Taj Hospitality that mesmerizes with a variety of experiences like Royal Butler Service, distinctive dining selections, and retail therapy. Visitors can explore the lush English gardens adorned with bougainvillea, play squash with the Royal Trainer, visit the on-site museum, enjoy a fine brandy while playing snooker, or visit the Jiva Grande Spa to take advantage of the holistic ayurvedic treatments and yoga sessions it offers.
- Price: INR 51,000 onwards
- Major facilities: 64 rooms, 2 restaurants, bar, swimming pool, spa offering Ayurvedic treatments, fitness center, tennis court, library, private museum, vintage car collection.
- Ananda in the Himalayas, Uttarakhand
One of India's top hotels, Ananda in the Himalayas, is a tranquil haven designed for spa devotees. The 100-acre palace estate of the Maharaja of Tehri-Garhwal is home to the renowned destination spa, which features opulent apartments and private villas with stunning views. More than 80 health and beauty treatments, including traditional ayurvedic, yoga, meditation, and cutting-edge foreign spa experiences, are offered at the 24,000-square-foot facility. Ananda is best known for its signature wellness initiatives, including Ayurvedic weight loss, detoxification, and rejuvenation. Golf, rafting, trekking, animal safaris, temple excursions, and other activities are available for the active.
- Price: INR 50,000 onwards
- Major facilities: Pool, gym, restaurant cum lounge, spa and wellness, business centre, airport shuttle, meeting/banquet halls, parking.
- Taj Lake Palace, Udaipur
The white marble and mosaic Taj Lake Palace rises out of Lake Pichola like a mirage, luring tourists in from around the world. Maharana Jagat Singh II built the palace in 1746, making it older than the structure itself. Today, the staff of palace butlers make certain that every comfort is presented, and the guests are treated like royalty. The Jiva Spa offers a selection of aromatherapy massages, wraps, and body washes, that are sure to revitalize even the most worn-out body by drawing on rich idioms from centuries-old Indian wellness and rebuilding techniques. The hotel's rooftop Bhairo restaurant is accessible from mid-October to mid-April and offers delightful contemporary European cuisine along with magnificent views of the royal lake.
- Price: INR 30,000 onwards
- Major facilities: Disabled facilities, babysitting, beauty salon, concierge, gym, sauna, pool, car park, safe.
Experiences in Luxury Resorts and Hotels in India
- Indulge in spa treatments: Most luxury resorts and hotels offer spa facilities that allow guests to indulge in a range of treatments, such as massages, facials, and body scrubs. These treatments are designed to help you relax and rejuvenate and can leave you feeling refreshed and revitalized.
- Fine dining: Luxury hotels and resorts often feature fine dining restaurants with award-winning chefs and menus that offer a range of cuisines and dishes. You can enjoy a romantic candlelit dinner or a lavish buffet with a stunning view of the surroundings.
- Outdoor activities: Many luxury resorts and hotels offer a range of outdoor activities, such as hiking, biking, kayaking, and even hot air ballooning. These activities allow guests to explore the surrounding area and enjoy the natural beauty of the location.
- Cultural experiences: Luxury hotels and resorts often offer cultural experiences that allow guests to learn more about the local customs and traditions. This can include dance performances, cooking classes, and guided tours of nearby historical sites.
- Relaxation and leisure: Simply enjoying the luxurious amenities of the hotel or resort can be an experience. Lounge by the pool, sip on a cocktail, read a book, or take a nap. Luxury resorts and hotels are designed to provide guests with the ultimate relaxation and comfort, so take advantage of it!
In conclusion, India's luxury hotels and resorts offer an unmatched experience of indulgence, comfort, and cultural immersion. Whether you're seeking a romantic getaway, a family vacation, or a wellness retreat, there is a property to suit every taste and preference. With their exceptional attention to detail, impeccable service, and unparalleled beauty, these propertiestruly represent the pinnacle of luxury travel in India. So, plan your next trip to any state in India and experience the grandeur of these luxury resorts and hotels as well.