Faridabad is a city in the Indian state of Haryana. It is also a part of Delhi NCR (National Capital Region – as it is called), like a couple of other cities (Gurgaon, Noida, Ghaziabad) in the neighbouring states of Haryana and Uttar Pradesh.
Some of the top places to see in Faridabad include the following –
- CITM Lake
- Dhauj Lake
- Badkhal Lake
- Raja Nahar Singh Fort
- Baba Farid’s Tomb (The tomb of a Sufi Saint called Baba Farid, after whom the city was named).
- ISKCON Temple Faridabad (one of the temples under the International Society of Krishna Consciousness).
The major festivals celebrated in Faridabad are –
- Holi – Festival of colours; celebrated in the month of March.
- Makar Sankranti- A harvest festival, celebrated in January.
- Basant Panchami – A festival marking the beginning of spring season in northern India.
- Navratri and Dussehra – A 10-day festival where goddess Durga is worshipped, and lots of fairs and rituals are carried out.
- Ramzan -Also called Ramadan, this is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar, observed by Muslims as a month of intermittent fasting and prayers.
- Diwali –The festival of lights (usually celebrated in October/November).
- Christmas – Christian festival commemorating the birth of Jesus.
Some great shopping spots to scour in Faridabad include the following –
- Sector 15 Market
- Sector 16 Market
- Sector 8 and Sector 10 Markets (especially for clothes)
- New Industrial Township 1 (NIT 1)
- Crown Interiorz
- Crown Plaza
Following is a list of some good restaurants in Faridabad to try the local delicacies at as well as other interesting foods and sumptuous meals –
- The Great Kabab Factory
- Oasis – Vivanta by Taj
- More Than Paranthas
- Shree Rathnam
- Dharma VaishnoDhaba
- Chickenette Restaurant
Some of the best hotels in Faridabad for a comfortable stay include the following
- Radisson Blu Faridabad
- Vibe By the Lalit Traveler
- Park Plaza Faridabad
- Ginger Faridabad
- Vivanta by Taj Faridabad
- Ekant Hotel
- Hotel Delite Faridabad
- Star City Hotel
Faridabad also has a few good bars and pubs having good food, drinks andambience, for people to hang out or entertain themselves during late hours. These include -
- Synk Lounge Bar & Restaurant
- ZosseRestro Bar
- Tama Brewery & World Kitchen
- Polka Bar
- SKYLAB – Air Bar
- Geoffery’s Bar
- Liquor Street – Restro& Bar Lounge
- Dears on Beers – Dine on Water
Faridabad city STD Code – 0129 (to be used before dialling numbers from a number that is not locally registered)
- Police: 100
- Accident: 108
- Fire – 101
- Ambulance – 102, 108
- Disaster Management – 1078
- Women helpline – 1090
- Child Helpline - 1098